What are your coaching goals/ resolutions for 2015?
For our first topic of the year, we thought we would use the old cliche of New Years Resolutions and ask if you have any for your coaching career. ?What are your coaching goals for 2015? ?Don’t think what you want your team or athletes to achieve, what do YOU want to achieve?
* Have you ever sat down with pen and paper and written in black and white what it is you want your goals to be in the year ahead?
* Is there a new coaching role your aiming for?
* Would you like to be a more confident coach?
*Gain your next qualification?
What ever it is, we want to hear about it!
Comments Via Forum
“I think a big one for me is just to become more organised and put into action what I have learnt. ?I attend quite a few conferences, workshops etc and come away all motivated but then fall into my usual coaching patterns.
I would like to set ?more time aside to evaluate my sessions as well.”
“This is a tough one, I always sit down with my athletes at the beginning of the season to ask what their goals are, but I never do it for myself. ?I guess I’d like to progress within my coaching by completing my next level qualification and become a mentor.”
“My New Years resolution is to do more shadowing with a mentor and more session planning. ?I need to take advantage of England Handball’s online coaching resources so I am going to dedicate my evenings to go through their coaching videos and get some new ideas to put into practice.”
“1. To be more confident when in a high pressured environment i.e. warm-up area, conferences etc
2. To not take it personally when my male counterparts doubt my ability
3. To stand tall when my techniques are questioned
4. To learn more about injury prevention
5. To increase my network of mentors”
“A Happy New Year to you all!
My aims for 2015 is to expand my business and network.”
Join us next week for #womenswednesday on the FCN Forum and Twitter in partnership with Project 500