Join us for our very first “Embedding Confidence in Your Coaching” Training Day
Embedding Confidence in Your Coaching – Training Day
Following the success of the inaugural conference in April and our recent Coaching and Confidence webinar, the FCN is pleased to announce the launch of its partnership with training provider Sport and Beyond and the first of a series of exciting training days – Embedding Confidence in Your Coaching.
We want to see an increase in the number of female coaches at all levels. And coaches have told us, one of the main factors holding them back is confidence. The cornerstone to improving confidence is self-awareness. ‘Before you can be someone you need to know who you are’
Come and take part in an inspiring and interactive training day for female coaches, delivered by female coaches.
The day will cover how important confidence is to successful coaching and help equip female coaches with the confidence they need to progress, and fulfil their potential. There will also be an opportunity to share experiences, learn and network with other female coaches.
9:15am – Arrival (Coffee and Networking)
– Introduction with Gail Emms
– Morning workshop – Understanding confidence through knowing your strengths and how to articulate them better. Learning key concepts to underpin the growth in confidence, improve communication and interaction with your athletes and help improve confidence and performance. Focusing on your strengths in a work place environment.
– Networking opportunities over Lunch
– Afternoon Practical Session applying and embedding the learning’s from the morning
– Case Study with professional coach (tbc)
–Q&A with guest speaker (tbc)
5:00pm – Training Day Close
- Enable experienced and new coaches to understand more about themselves, their strengths and how to better articulate them.
- Enable coaches to use this knowledge to drive their performance and development in a coaching environment.
- Enable coaches to demonstrate an ability to apply key concepts to underpin the growth in confidence and improve communication and interaction with their athletes.
Normal price £150 but exclusive FCN offer of 30% discount – £105, includes a British Psychological Society registered psychometric assessment
Tickets on sale NOW!
Early Bird Offer of £95 until the end of July!
Accomdation is available onsite at the National Badminton Centre at a rate of £45 for a single room and £55 for a double. Bookings include a light breakfast. Some of our delegates will be staying there, if you would like to connect with them before hand let us know!
For more information please visit: http://www.nbc.uk.com/accommodation-and-catering/
There are also local Travel Lodge and Premier Inn hotels, search using the postcode: MK8 9LA
Testimonials from previous Sport and Beyond Training Days:
“I found the day hugely beneficial. Learning more about the way I operate has given me a real boost in confidence, and the strategies and tools you gave later in the day have really helped to put this into practice…… I think all NGBs should offer this to their female coaches. Thank you.”
Emma Smethurst England Badminton Partnership Manager and Badminton coach
“I just wanted to say (again) thanks so much for today. I feel very inspired and came on court tonight feeling positive and more importantly confident! The effect that today’s workshop has had on me has been palpable and very evident in my approach to coaching tennis this evening. So again, thank-you, there needs to be more workshops like this to help empower us women’
Jennifer Barron Level 2 Tennis coach
Special Guest Speaker – Gail Emms:
As one of Britain’s inspiring Olympians, Gail Emms MBE represents the very best of the nation’s sporting offering. Playing badminton from the age of four, she has shaped her career around the sport and began representing her country in 1995.
In the 10 years as a professional badminton player, Gail achieved World, European and Commonwealth Gold medals, World Number 1 ranking and of course that Olympic Silver Medal in Athens. Since retirement in 2008 and starting a family, Gail has worked tirelessly campaigning for sporting legacy in schools, elite sports coaching and mentoring the next generation badminton players and acting as a spokeswoman for women in sport and business as well as a promising media career.
Now an EMCC accredited performance coach, Gail is passionate about helping others achieve success.
Previous Sport & Beyond Webinars Exclusive to the FCN