As we talked about in our recent post Is it possible to return to coaching the way Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce returned to competing?, we not only celebrated the achievements of some incredible mother athletes, but asked the question as to whether coaches can do the same?
Elite sport is a tough World to be in, whatever your role is. 10 years ago even, being a mother and an athlete was a rarity, but now, thanks to inspirational athletes all over the World including Serena Williams, Allyson Felix, and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, having a child, recovering and juggling both an elite career with motherhood has become the norm.
But what about coaching?
Visit our Motherhood & Coaching page to find out more
- Do you have children and coach? How do you manage it?
- Do you want to coach the elite, but can’t due to family commitments?
- Do you have any tips for other mothers who want to coach at the top?
- Do you coach at the top, and want a family but worried you can’t return to your role?
- Is more commitment needed as a coach than an athlete, making both roles impossible?
Leave your comments below!